April 5, 2012
Panorama Camera 180-View Series with Fish-eye Lens
Mega-pixel IP Camera Model 300QV-P-CM
Announcement of Development
Tamron Co., Ltd. (headquarters: Saitama City; President: Morio Ono ), a leading manufacturer of optical equipment, has developed the Model 300QV-P-CM, a mega-pixel IP Panorama Camera 180-View, a new Camera of security camera with a fish-eye lens that delivers a 180º horizontal angle of view.
The security market has recently experienced upgrades of installation infrastructure, and the installation of highly convenient IP cameras is expanding. There are also a large number of customers who are requesting the functions of cameras to be maximized by allowing certain areas of images to be cropped and enlarged. Tamron has developed the 180º horizontal angle of view Panorama Camera 180-View Model 300QV-P-CM to meet these needs. This product maximizes the high quality image as the leading manufacturer of optical equipment, and proprietary image processing technology to provide a new range of solutions to various monitoring requirements, from analog to IP.
This product will be on display and be available for live demonstrations at the Tamron booth at the Security Show 2012, held from March 6. Please take a look.
- 1. Equipped with a 180º horizontal angle of view fish-eye lens
The inclusion of a fish-eye lens provides a 180º horizontal angle of view and images without any blind spots, all with a single camera.
- 2. High quality image HD (1.2 mega-pixel) output
- Dual stream both Quad VGA (as original image) and VGA (as distortion correction image).
Both types of image formats can be output simultaneously.
- Comes equipped with effective pixels 2048x1536 sensor. (*1.2 mega-pixel output)
- 3. Incorporates proprietary image processing technology
- Image processing technology developed by Tamron is used to correct inside the camera any distortions in images captured with the fish-eye lens, without requiring special software.
The camera can also be controlled with ActiveX-compatible web browsers.
- Equipped with motion detection function, panoramic display (2-stage), desktop mode, and split display (up to 4-split screens).
- 4. Mechanics-free construction means greater reliability
- No mechanical design is required for the pan, tilt and zoom functions of the lens, which gives it greater reliability and eliminates the need for maintenance after installation.
Durability is far greater than ordinary speed dome cameras.
- An IP66 Waterproof Certified design allows installation under eaves or outdoor areas exposed to winds and rain.
- 5. Three types of image compression formats for greater usability
- Compatible with multiple codecs such as H.264, MPEG-4, and M-JPEG. Can be used to capture still images or record video.
Market standard software is planned to be used for playback.
- 6. Useful functions during installation
- A mini-jack terminal has been incorporated for making adjustments during installation, and a simple analog video output allows captured images to be checked on-site.
- Compatible with both existing DC 12 V power supplies and PoE power supplies, allowing the power supply to be selected to suit systems used by customers.
- 7. Other features
- Audio input/output support. A built-in microphone can be used to record audio along with video images.
- Aluminum die-cast mold used for the camera body for increased robustness.
- Comes with anti-drop wire, wall-attachment adapter, and a circular cover
- Stylish and compact design
|Horizontal angle of view
||1/4" progressive CMOS
||Original image: QuadVGA (1280 x 960)
Corrected image: select from VGA (640x480) or QVGA (320 x 240)
||Electronic zoom (8x)
|Image compression format
||H.264, MPEG-4, M-JPEG
|9 preset positions and preset sequences
|Panorama display (2-stage)
|Ceiling, side, desktop mode
|Split display (up to 4-split screens)
- * All specifications are subject to change without notice.
- * This information is current as of the development announcement date (March 2, 2012).
- Tamron Top Page
- Panorama Camera 180-View Series with Fish-eye Lens Mega-pixel IP Camera Model 300QV-P-CM Announcement of Development