December 10, 2012
High-Performance Lenses for Far-Infrared Camera for Use in Security Applications
Announcement of the full-scale production of four fixed focal lengths lenses and two zoom lenses
Tamron Co., Ltd., an integrated manufacturer of optical products and a leader in the security market, began selling six high-performance interchangeable lenses for the far-IR camera for use in security applications. Tamron already announced the development of all six lenses in February 2011. However, we have taken this opportunity to announce the start of their mass production.
Six high-performance interchangeable lenses for the far-IR camera for use in security.
- 1. All lenses are equipped with VC (Vibration Compensation) optical image stabilization, the first for far-infrared lenses (the world's first*)
For outdoor installations, images often deteriorate as a result of conditions such as wind and ground vibrations. To rectify this situation, all lenses are equipped with an optical image stabilizer, the first for far-IR camera lenses. The result is high-resolution monitoring images.
*: Far-IR camera module, April 2012. Source: NEC Avio Infrared Technologies Co., Ltd. (currently, Nippon Avionics Co., Ltd.)
2. Impressive lineup covering wide-angle to telephoto ranges
Realization of an interchangeable lens system allows the lens to be easily replaced.
This improves convenience of installation, speed of delivery, and inventory
*: Currently, only the S200C series by NEC Avio Infrared Technologies Co., Ltd. (currently, Nippon Avionics Co., Ltd.) is supported.
Tamron thermal bayonet lens mount
- 3. Lens with optical zoom ratio of 3x optimized for far-infrared bandwidth (2 models)
We have developed two zoom lens models that cover the optimal focal distance for both mid- and long-distance monitoring. With an optical zoom ratio of 3x, setting the field of view is easy and it ensures high-resolution images at all focal lengths.
- 4. Electronic Focus *Zoom lenses (2 models)
The internal focusing method gives you uniform high-quality at all focal spectrums, reduces the travel distance of the focus, and lets you focus in the shortest time possible. When combined with the spot AF feature, you can pin-point and quickly track moving objects.
- 5. Active Athermal Compensation
Active Athermal Compensation is built-in so that you can get the best and most stable images that are not affected by changes in temperature after sunset or seasonal changes in the environment. It is not by a traditional focus & shift system. It can detect temperature changes inside the casing and electro-mechanically perform temperature adjustments to the casing.
Long-distance surveillance in pitch-dark night conditions, surveillance of intruders into key facilities, monitoring of poachers, traffic network monitoring, warehouse surveillance, monitoring of obstacles on routes, detection of forest fire outbreaks, monitoring of tunnels, maritime surveillance, border surveillance
|Horizontal field of view
|Vertical field of view
|MOD (Minimum object distance)
|Image stabilization functionality
||Tamron thermal bayonet
- * Specifications and external appearance are subject to change without prior notice.
- * We can design and manufacture lenses to suit your need. Feel free to contact us anytime.
- Tamron Top Page
- High-Performance Lenses for Far-Infrared Camera for Use in Security Applications Announcement of the full-scale production of four fixed focal lengths lenses and two zoom lenses