December 10, 2012
2 MP/Full HD Compatible Compact Zoom Lens for Board Camera
1/3"-format, 9-22mm F/1.6 (Model DF020) Announcement of Release
Tamron Co., Ltd., an integrated manufacturer of optical products and a leader in the security market, began selling 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatible compact zoom lens for board camera.
The demand for mini-dome cameras has grown within the surveillance camera market, chiefly due to their installation efficiency and reasonable cost. Higher quality has been a requirement for the low-end 3" class mini-dome camera in recent years.
Previous mini-dome cameras used vari-focal lenses that required the zoom and focus to be adjusted manually. The need for more precise focus adjustment abilities in mega-pixel class cameras over passed the time and effort required during installation. The number of outdoor installations of mini-dome cameras has also increased, which has led to a greater need for lens brightness and zoom functionality, as well as remote control operation.
Tamron has begun selling 2-mega-pixel/Full HD/IR compatible compact zoom lenses to meet these needs. These new products deliver the convenience of zoom lenses but in a size that fits low end mini-dome bodies. In addition to the frequently used existing wide angle 3.0-9mm lens, a 9-22mm medium telephoto lens of an equivalent size has begun selling, and both can be operated by remote control via networks. These products provide an all-new solution to mini-dome camera applications.
- 1. Compact design that allows installation within 3" mini-dome cameras
・The lenses feature a compact design that allows installation within low-end 3" mini-dome camera bodies, ensuring compatibility with a wide range of camera markets.
・The existing wide-angle, standard 3.0-9mm type and medium telephoto 9-22mm type lenses are approximately the same size, which allows them to be used in mini-dome cameras that use common platforms.
- 2. They offer 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatibility, a 9-22mm medium telephoto range, and an F/1.6 aperture
・The lens covers a 9-22mm medium telephoto range for both indoor and outdoor monitoring.
・Tamrons' proprietary optical provides 2 mega-pixel/Full HD compatibility and high image quality from wide angles to telephoto ranges.
- 3. Compatible with remote control applications
A Stepper motor is used for focus and zoom. A lead-screw type motor with minimal backlash has been used for remote control operations via networks, which allows accurate control of the focus and zoom.
- 4. 24-hours monitoring is now possible with a near-IR switching mechanism.
Maintains focus at night and under near-IR light conditions to deliver crystal clear image quality monitoring, 24 hours a day.
Optical aberration correction has been provided, even under the near-IR light, which allows filming of sharp, clear video images even at night, when a wide range of different wavelengths are scattered.
- 5. Structural design that provides space for the mounting of near-IR LEDs.
- 6. Surrounding resolution has been further improved compared to existing mega-pixel lens series.
- 7. Image circle design that takes into consideration various CMOS sensor sizes
- 8. Environmentally – friendly design
|Angle of View
(Horizontal x Vertical)
- ※All design elements and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- ※This product requires camera development.
- ※This information is current as of the release announcement date.(November 9, 2012)
|Release Date and Price
||November 12, 2012 (Mon)
- Tamron Top Page
- 2 MP/Full HD Compatible Compact Zoom Lens for Board Camera 1/3”-format, 9-22mm F/1.6 (Model DF020) Announcement of Release