You can toggle the function of the Focus Ring between "Focus adjustment" and "Aperture adjustment".
* This function is used only with Aperture Priority Mode or Manual Mode. For the Mode settings, please refer to the camera's owner's manual.
Click [Custom Switch Setting] or [Focus Set Button Setting] shown at the top-left of the home screen.
* [Custom Switch Setting] or [Focus Set Button Setting] will be displayed depending on the lens.
* Download the TAMRON Lens Utility >>
On the [Custom Switch Setting] or [Focus Set Button Setting] screen, click [Select].
From the selection screen, click [Select] for [Ring Function (Focus/Aperture)].
* Depending on the lens, functions apearing on the screen will differ. Check the list to find capability of your lens.
TAMRON Lens Utility Compatible Lens List >>
Under [Switching Method], select [Press] or [Hold (1sec.)].
Click [Save] to complete the setting process.
* You can return to the previous screen by clicking the [Return] button.
When the [Focus Set Button] is pressed, the focus mode toggles between Focus and Aperture. Use this setting when you want to instantly toggle between modes.
Hold down the [Focus Set Button] for at least one second. This toggles between Focus and Aperture. Use this setting when your priority is to prevent accidental operation, such as toggling between focusing modes by mistake.