The 35-150mm F2-2.8 covers wide-angle through telephoto and is ideal for both travel and portrait photography. It is the first* zoom lens for Nikon Z mount cameras to have a maximum wide-open aperture of F2. With this focal range, you can enjoy shooting magnificent views and large buildings at 35mm and dynamic close-up shots at 150mm.
With high-level performance under a wide variety of shooting conditions, this fast lens is ideal for travel aimed at creating photographic works. In addition, by incorporating the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motor focus mechanism, the lens features a very high-speed and high-precision autofocus for a fast-aperture lens. It also incorporates a new design in the pursuit of enhanced operability and ergonomic convenience.
Incorporating the most frequently used focal lengths from wide-angle and standard to medium telephoto and telephoto all within this single lens enables seamless shooting without the need to swap lenses, which is beneficial especially when shooting portraits where a sense of rhythm is particularly important. This helps the user capture outstanding shots without missing the fleeting expressions of the model.
1. The world's first F2-2.8 fast-aperture zoom lensThe 35-150mm F2-2.8 features a fast maximum aperture of F2 at the 35mm focal length, compared to the typical F2.8 fast-aperture zoom lenses. This lens lets you achieve enhanced, beautiful bokeh style even on the wide-angle end of the focal range. The F2 aperture allows use of higher shutter speeds and lower ISO settings, so users can enjoy less potential camera shake and reduce high-ISO image noise.
2. Versatile zoom range provides seamless shooting from wide-angle 35mm to telephoto 150mmThe zoom range of this lens is ideal for travel and portrait photography. Make full use of the 35mm and 50mm focal lengths for landscape and street photography, change to an 85mm semi-telephoto angle of view for people and detail shots, and focus on a faraway subject at 150mm. The responsive zoom ring enables you to continue shooting as you shift from wide to telephoto seamlessly and smoothly without changing lenses—which is convenient for video as well as still photography.
3. Outstanding optical performance throughout the zoom rangeThanks to the latest optical design featuring four LD (Low Dispersion) and three GM (Glass Molded Aspherical) lens elements optimally arranged, the 35-150mm F2-2.8 provides superior optical performance throughout the entire zoom range. Even when used with today’s extra-high-resolution digital cameras, it consistently achieves high image quality to the edges of the frame while presenting a beautiful, soft bokeh style that is achieved only by fast apertures. The versatile zoom range enables photographers to express themselves freely while capturing images focal lengths they are familiar with, including 35mm, 50mm (considered “normal” or standard), 85mm (mid-telephoto length commonly used for portraits), 100mm or 135mm, as well as the maximum 150mm tele focal length—and any focal length in between. It’s like six lenses in one!
4. Fast, quiet VXD linear motor mechanism for high-speed and high-precision autofocusThe lens's AF drive uses the linear motor focus mechanism VXD. The high-speed, high-precision AF provides the lens with superior responsiveness to the photographer’s actions, delivering stable and reliable focusing even with fast-aperture lenses, from the MOD (Minimum Object Distance) to infinity. The 35-150mm F2-2.8 offers excellent focus tracking of moving objects so you are ready for those important moments. Additionally, the focus motor is quiet, so it is ideal for shooting both still images and video in situations that demand low noise.
5. Expanded versatility with excellent close-range shooting performanceAt the 35mm wide-angle end, the MOD of the 35-150mm F2-2.8 is 0.33m (13in), achieving a maximum magnification ratio of 1:5.7. This allows users to concentrate on shooting without worrying about the distance to the subject and enables compositions that leverage the fast wide-open F2-2.8 aperture to produce high levels of background blurring while capturing the subject in enlarged detail.
6. TAMRON Lens UtilityTM expands the possibilities of still photography and video shootingThe 35-150mm F2-2.8 zoom is compatible with the dedicated TAMRON Lens Utility software developed in-house by TAMRON that empowers users to easily update the lens to the latest firmware without going through the camera, and also includes functions to support focusing operations and other actions when shooting still images or video. By utilizing a wide range of functions, users can expand the breadth of expression. For example, A-B Focus allows users to limit focusing to two pre-set focus points, shifting focus from one subject to another with just a click of the Focus Set Button. Users can also choose between Linear and Non-linear, which affects how the focus shifts during manual focusing.
7. Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Hood Locking Mechanism for greater convenience
* Among the zoom lenses for Nikon Z mount cameras (As of July 2023: TAMRON)
1 The lens for Sony E-mount previously launched on October 28, 2021.
|Angle of View (diagonal)||63°26'- 16°25' (for full-frame mirrorless format)|
|Optical Construction||21 elements in 15 groups|
|Minimum Object Distance||0.33m / 13in (WIDE), 0.85m / 33.5in (TELE)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:5.7 (WIDE), 1:5.9 (TELE)|
|Length*||160.1mm / 6.3in|
|Weight||1,190g / 42oz|
|Aperture Blades**||9 (circular diaphragm)|
|Standard Accessory||Flower-shaped hood (with locking mechanism), Lens caps|
|Mount||Nikon Z mount|
- * Length is the distance from the front end of the lens to the lens mount face.
- ** The circular diaphragm stays almost perfectly circular up to two stops down from maximum aperture.
- Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc. are subject to change without prior notice.
- This product is developed, manufactured, and sold under the license agreement with Nikon Corporation.